Monday, July 18, 2011

Relationship counseling.... parenting counselor..... hmmmmmm

With or without me life moves on. It's the interesting thing about this planet.  It really doesn't matter how I feel about myself, my surroundings, my family, my bills, my house etc....  I have the choice every morning to wake up and engage in my world or live in solitary loneliness within my own brain.

A couple months ago a friend encouraged me to revisit my intercessory roots once again after taking a brief sabbatical from praying... (waiting for lightning.. so glad God is gracious with us).  It's interesting how you view your neighbors if you are praying for them. 

Our neighbors were beginning to heat up again last night while we were trying to enjoy our nice barbecue in the yard.   It was a little difficult to hear our own conversation over the yelling so I did what every goof pseudo baptist on the verge of charismatic Christian would do.... I sent my husband up  to invite them for chicken. I wasn't going...  He was up there for almost an hour, you could here them talking and laughing.   The unnamed man said to Curtis - this isn't living.  Interesting given my previous post on Whisper-streams.   They seem very open to meeting with us and trying to get some help with their relationship and kids.  Wow, if this actually happens I'm going to need a lot more of Jesus.   Please pray for them.  There is so much more to living.  They have lots to overcome but thankfully we serve the only one that Overcomes.


This has been one crazy summer.  Every week the list gets longer.  This week is an easy week.  (I really am being serious)  Today 4th vaccine in a series of 5 for the four girls, laundry, grocery shopping, doc appt for the momma,  getting ready for Curtis' parents for the weekend.  Should be fun!

2 comments:

Garry and Cynthia Barkman said...

you guys are amazing. funny how the road we never wanted to travel gets us where we most want to be.

so glad we get to see curtis and so missing the fact that you're not all coming. love you guys!

The Roundy 7 said...

so true Cynthia, that's a nice way to think of it. Sorry we are not going to visit with you all. Seems like such a whirlwind few days that it may be more stress for the kids and maybe I would like you all to think of us a nice quiet fun family. LOL