Wednesday, February 02, 2011

At last a move in date!

Febuary 13th.  Yes the day before St. Valentines -  holiday of love.......Of course it was assigned to us by our church (and possibly the people we are living with, 3 months is an endless eternity with the Roundy's I would imagine)  Not sure how you assign a move in date.  Here you go your house is now officially ready for you to live in it.  Although, none of us would  live here in this condition.  I think it would have been easier to hear "okay guys 3 months is too long be on your way"  That would have felt like the truth.

If  I could change something about this last year I would, but I can't.  These last months have sucked! I wish I could turn back the clock but alas I would not be in what I like to refer to as "bootcamp for living downtown".  It would not be possible to go from lower middle class to poor without going through some training ground. I can identify with many issues the "poor" have. Like waiting in line for food, wondering how to truly love someone who's place is infested with bedbugs, (I don't actually wonder about that, but I know some would.  Bedbugs, lice, who cares life is too short to stay in your bubble)

So I sit here and contemplate what God is doing.  A broken and contrite heart I will not ignore.  I cried that out to My Father tonight. No one should have to go through this and if they do they need to be loved, cared for and treated equal. I hope I remember as I set forth to minister in the poorest square mile north of Boston what if feels like to be homeless, sometimes hopeless, and sometimes without peace.  As a family I pray that we can bring a home, hope and peace to those lacking and that we'll do it with all the grace and mercy Jesus would have shown.  I know it will not be easy, and in the heat of the moment I will forget so my friends, graciously and mercifully remind me. But don't make me mad.

There is my rant. If your offended sorry, (but not really.)
Oh yeah if you want to help us move.....Our stuff is already stored on the 3rd floor.

No comments: