Monday, March 07, 2011

Floor done - minimal injuries

This picture was taken last night after we sanded the floor some more.  It took Jonathan sanding at least half the day on Saturday and Curtis sanding most the day on Sunday to get the floor read to finish.

Today I finished the floor while Curtis ran around town with the "Littles".  It took me about 4 hours.  We decided to oil the floor instead of varnish it.  Oiling is nice because you get an old looking appearance to the floor and the oil protects it.  It doesn't wear as well but you can quickly go over and rough spots with just a little sandpaper and oil to refinish it.

I only hurt myself twice today, once with a splinter.  That one really hurt.... When I got home I realized that I had a large blister on my knee.  Apparently, I needed to wear knee pads today.

This picture didn't come out so well but you can get the idea.

Tomorrow while Curtis is working I'm planning on getting the girls toys downstairs and letting them run around and play while I do some work.  It looks like we will be able to move in this weekend.   I am starting to get very excited about being on my own.

We are looking forward to the things that we'll be doing.  I am looking forward to the possibility of feeding homeless youth in the evening, worship and my kids friends in the house again. 

No comments: