Thursday, April 07, 2011

What you don't see......

What I don't see inside my house

junk
trash
dirty diapers from my dear neighbor next door
filth
crap...literally...in my backyard
not mine
I take care of my own stuff

The over developed little girl hanging out with boys almost twice her age.
The underdeveloped little boy next door who can't speak a sentence, wearing diapers and he's over 4.
The woman who is always getting yelled at by her boyfriend.  She has a toddler and a brand new baby.
The person who stole my plywood and in so doing may have caused a wonderful God fearing woman to slip in the mud and go to the emergency room.
The broken family on the corner who walk their kids to school everyday.  They no longer love each other but live together for the kids.
The hungry kid who only eats at school.
The kid that walks to school everyday abandoned by those who are supposed to care for him.
The man who walks through my yard looking for bottles that are thrown there by my neighbors.  So kind of them to take care of their own poor.  Now he looks in my window because I gave him my bottles one day after hollering at him for going through the trash in my yard put their by others. (at least that day I was paying attention)

What is my problem?

My mind is spinning with what used to my life and what is my life today.  What do I need, what do I want.

Seriously, would you want to hang out here.
It looks dark, and muddy, and dead.  But soon in just a few short weeks the grass will be green, our plants will be budding and life will be popping up all around us.  It's there under the dirty diapers, under the walmart bags, under the green tarp, under the ice, mud and snow.   If you look you can see.  If you dig you may even find signs of life.  But don't be too rough you  may ruin it.  (hmmm I think there is another lesson in there...)


Time to look out your window and maybe step outside the comfort zone of your home and maybe your life.  

Time for me to clean my yard!

No comments: