Friday, June 03, 2011

My kid is graduating

Unreal.  People told me this day would come, and even when Justin was a junior in high school I couldn't wrap my brain around it.  Well, the day is here and I can't wrap my brain around it.  It seems like yesterday that he was sitting in the middle of the living room floor.  Just sitting, not playing, talking, moving, just taking it all in.    Life moves fast. 

I'll be picking up some gifts for graduates today.  Last year lots of kids walked past our house here on Shawmut Str.  after being recognized by their high school with no support system around them;  no aunts or uncles, no mom's or dad's, no grandparents.  It's amazing to me these kids even graduate.  It was hard enough getting Justin to care about his grades when he was a freshman and sophomore, what would've happened if he had no one around him.   A friend will be watching my little kids while we're at graduation and watching to see who walks home alone with their cap and gown.  Those kids will get a congratulation card with a little gift inside from their friends at 109 Shawmut Str.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

congrats to your son.