Monday, October 15, 2012

Church family

Lately I have been really longing for a church family.  We go to church every week but very few speak to us besides the pastor. There is one couple who have sought us out every week to see how we are but that is really about it.  We have invited families over for dinner on numerous occasions but always get the same response. It is very disappointing as at times we feel like God dropped us in the middle of a spiritual war zone without any backup.   Nice, praying, spirit filled friendship is greatly missed these days.  There was a time when we could walk into church and someone would just walk up to us, or vice versa with a word from the Lord, or feeling the need to pray.  It was refreshing for the soul.

I was particularly feeling this over the weekend.  We are going through a lot of changes at home, and a friendly word, or kind gesture would have been so welcome.  As we were driving home from New Hampshire on Saturday I received a text from my dear friend who lives a couple hours away.  She texted me and said that I had been on her heart lately and she wanted me to know that she was praying for our family.  She has absolutely no idea what we are in the midst of at home.  A divine stirring from the Holy Spirit just for me.   Thank - you dear friend for paying attention to the Father's voice. It was  a gift for me from my Father.   So I don't get the things I think I need from my local church,  the text reminded me that the Church is so much bigger that a building or a state.  The church exceeds all of our imaginations.

I can't really talk about what we are going through but you are all welcome to stop by for a visit.  Life is good and God is good.

We ended up finding an older suburban with less miles than ours has.  We are going to sell the newer one we have to gain a few more inches of car space and a needed extra seat.  Please pray that all goes well and the vehicle ends up being a good investment.

Thanks to all of you who read this and are praying for us.

No comments: