Sunday, October 28, 2012

Poverty and AIDS

I met a wonderful Momma of I am not sure how many children today.  I met her 27 yr. old daughter who has 5 small children and just lost her job at a  local egg farm, I met the 15 yr old daughter who is about to become a momma at Christmas time.    Through her children being homeless, living in shelters, foster care and group homes her family had become disjointed.   I never would have known this today.  There has been reconciliation in this poverty stricken family.  Not the happy ending kind we would hope to see, but the trial stricken we have each other kind.  This momma, the one who's now grown children are living poverty trying to do the best they can will be watching on of her own die this week. Her 29 yr. old daughter was molested at a group home when she was just a young girl by a man with full blown aids.  Heartbreaking.

Curtis and I went into their home to pray for them and it turned into such a sweet time of encouragement for me. Not what I was expecting. This 27 yr old jobless momma, not knowing how she is going to go on in life is praising God for me.  Praising God that we came over to pray for them.  Praising and thanking God for the young man that has come into our home.  

The results of poverty are overwhelming, how does this happen.  I don't know the whole story but I can imagine.  Single parenting, no money, working all the time, kids to much to handle, no resources, and the list can go on and on.  This family is holding on to each other right now and to God.  To watch them this afternoon was priceless and heartbreaking.  I have heard so many complain about our welfare state.  I would strongly suggest they take the time to really understand what this kind of poverty is like.

We will hopefully be staring a small group next week.  We officially have a plan.  They want to come.  I can't wait to see what God is doing.

Please pray for Crystal she is dying from AIDS
                       -  Erika the jobless momma of five beautiful kids and seems to be the glue in the family
                       - Karen the momma of them all
                       - and we'll call her "Anna" the young lady this about to become a momma herself

No comments: