Thursday, May 12, 2011

Prayer - you have not because you ask not

I haven't written much this week.  I'm kinda tired, depressed, and am just trying to keep my head above water with all the crazy end of the school year my kid is graduating from high school stuff.

Intercession, prayer, talking to God..... These are things I used to do on a regular basis when I was involved with church and ministry.  Prayer was a big thing.  Curtis used to say God listened to me.  I had a connection. Over the last couple years my gifting I felt has diminished.  I still pray for people God still talks to me when I pray for people, but it has become harder to listen.  Like when you have friend you're a little ticked off at.

I'm trying to pray for my neighbors on a regular basis.  They are so broken.  Like the little 4 year old boy that called me a "bitch" yesterday.  Wow, did I let him know that was not okay, and his brother, and if his dad had been there he would've gotten an earful.  If it happens again,  his dad will get an earful.  But, I cannot lose sight that it is not his fault.  What happens that at the age of 4 he even knows that word.  I'm  quite sure my kids hadn't even heard of that word, except for maybe when we were watching the Westminster Dog Show on Animal Planet.   Then my mind goes back to God while I'm trying to pray and be good.  But God, you put us here.  This is your fault, or doing, or gift, I'm not sure yet.....  How bad is that.

I pray for crazy weird things and get them.  It freaks me out sometimes.  Things I've prayed for and recieved: pound of starbucks coffee, $5k, shirts, pants etc.....  It's like I want to buy something and I just say, before God I can't spend my money on this right now.  Sometimes things show up on my doorstep.  Well, we have a 22" tv/computer monitor.  My 40 year old eyes are having a hard time watching it.  On Monday I prayed and asked God for a 26" tv that would fit in our computer case for free.  On Wednesday Curtis brought one home from the job he's been at, much nicer than the last one.  This is a 1080pi sony bravia.  I didn't even ask for a 1080pi.   I also received a glass cocktail table, and two very nice pillows.

If God is willing to give me this stuff that I ask and don't ask for,  how much more does he want to give in our community things that we are not asking.   I challenge all of you to look around and ask God to fix even the smallest things you see in your community.  Everything you see, everything the Holy Spirit prompts you. Ask!

1 comment:

Spring said...

Love this post- can I link to my FB for these!?