Friday, May 27, 2011

WWJD?

Here's the rundown....

7am - notice two Dr. Pepper cans in the backyard left from our neighbors.  Neighbor lady yelled at me for dumping water on her cat.  (the cat marks my backyard)

8am - doing dishes, turn around to put something away and when I turned back around there was a tall man looking at me through my kitchen window.    What would Jesus do??  I'll tell you what I did.  I screamed at him through the window and told him to get out of my yard.  Then I ran out side and yelled at him again that this was my house and he needed to leave.  I was screaming... my throat hurt after.   Guess my adrenaline kicked in. (the guy wanted the Dr. Pepper cans)

9:30 am - left with Curtis (he in his truck and me in my car) to drive to Dresden to help him put in a kitchen top.  We were going to have lunch together because this was going to be quick and easy.  The little's were in my car with no a/c.  It took crazy long,  and I was late getting the girls from school.  My phone died on the way back so I couldn't call them.  And..... I left with two pieces of the kitchen in the back of my car.

3:15pm  - I picked up Barb and Renee and Renee informed me that dad called and I needed to turn around and meet him somewhere with the other two pieces of the kitchen.

4pm - I sat in the sun in my backyard for  few minutes while waiting for Curtis to call me to inform me when to leave and noticed  a wide open poopy diaper sitting right by me.  Not one of ours.  Apparently, our neighbors hate me cuz they didn't have the courtesy to close the diaper up before throwing it out of the window.

4:15pm - leave again, drop Barb off for a Sea Dogs game (she won an essay contest through D.A.R.E.)
met Curtis in Monmouth with the kitchen pieces.

5pm - tried to pick Justin up from school but he already was home

sometime after 5 - some kid was going to pee over my fence into my yard.

from there on we started supper, it needed to be good tonight.  Roasted Asparagus, steak on the grill, and  fried potatoes and chives (also on the grill).  After dinner - a walk to the ice cream shop with the 3 girls and Justin.  Overall a good end to a bad day.

Lots of lessons to be learned.  I hope that I can learn one or two.

Meanwhile a friend of mine's husband was hospitalized and I felt bad that I wasn't here to sit with her at the hospital.  I did pray for them today while sitting for hours in the car. So I guess all was not lost.

Note: 5 minutes after posting this...... well, I started up the stairs and I'll just sum it up in one word.  BAT
another great ending to a well, for lack of a better word, interesting day.

1 comment:

Spring said...

Two words... Oh. My.!! Suddenly jury duty doesn't sound all that bad...