Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fear

I know that God  has not give us the spirit of fear but of love and a sound mind.   I have to say that the sound mind part of that verse is vitally important when experiencing fear.   This last year and a half has been one of the most fearful years for me. When you go through loss of work, or not enough work to keep up and get steadily behind   - you stop answering your phone.  When you have a knock at your door you look out window before answering.  I, even on one occasion took my kids and hid in the bedroom to avoid the person at my door.  All this for the sake of money.   I am not sure it is worth the trouble.

As good little conservative Christian children we were taught to not overspend, always pay your bills on time and  through the actions of others judge those who don't.  I will admit that I have stood in judgement and now have experienced the other side.   I hope that I have learned a valuable lesson when it comes to being the accuser.  Some lessons are harder to learn than others.

As for fear, I am not so afraid anymore.  Of course, our phone has been turned off.  We have moved.   And we are definitely experiencing another side of life.  I hope that in the end all will be forgiven and that God's economy is not like ours.  I'm sure it's not.

Curtis has a job interview tomorrow.  Pray all goes well.
The roof should finally be finished today.
Please pray, we can get plumbing , electrical, and a kitchen in before the end of the month.  And that it will all be free.  I know I ask for a lot but my God is BIG!

No comments: