Monday, August 02, 2010

Our Barn

Front of the house got sided over the weekend. Curtis started Friday afternoon and with the help of my dad it got finished on Saturday. We celebrated with steak and salad for dinner.

As we get ready for this next chapter in our lives I am entering with mixed feelings.  It was definitely easier, quieter, and comfortable in our last house, although friendlier I am not sure.   This has surely been a "not so fun" time in the Roundy household.   In the last month we  checked out of our last house, put our stuff in storage, moved into a two bedroom apartment,  Barbara has been to camp twice now, and the girls and I have been traveling back and forth to my brothers to hang out with them.

We have seen God's provision in this whole event in ways that no one could imagine.  So, I just keep praying for more. There are still miles to go before we can move in and I think that if this process had been quicker and easier the neighbors wouldn't be getting to know us the same way.  Maybe it is good for them to see us struggle, maybe this will help with our testimony with them.  I am not sure what God is doing but I know he will complete what he started .....

In the meantime my current prayer if you would like to join me :  Lord, please provide what we need to be able to start the new school year off in the house.  And also if you see fit let Barbara be able to stay at her school.  Thanks and thanks all of you for journeying with us in this process.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jillybean said...

Joining you in prayer my friends <3 God is and will continue to hold your hands and hearts through this process.I think that you may be absolutely right when you talk about your new neighbors witnessing the struggles of your renovation and attempts at moving in. You may be inspiring folks that you are unaware are even watching. God is at work in Lewiston Maine <3