Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hope

Mt. Katahdin at sunset 

This picture represents hope of a new tomorrow.  Sounds corny, but right now we need hope.  This process is so slow and our needs are so great.   If  I allow myself to think to long on our situation the hopelessness sets in pretty fast.  My mind can play some pretty nasty tricks on me, and take me to some dark places.  Sometimes I feel like we are almost homeless.  And possibly not to far from it.  But  when I really think about it I realize the worse case scenario is really not as bad as it could be and most likely we'll not be homeless.  No pics of the house today but Curtis has made some progress this week.  The stairs are starting to get built and we've made plans for a kitchen.   Hopefully, next week we'll get a sander and get the floors done downstairs.  Someone has removed the pile of bricks from our backyard and I think we are almost done with demolition.   School starts next week and then my craziness begins.  One of my friends gave me a water bottle for my birthday that says "Which kid am I picking up where, again?"   And I'll sign off with that.

No comments: